Bottom of Knee Height
Sweat Is the Enemy
Rent this great pair of insulated waterproof boots and enjoy the peace of mind of having them delivered to your home, and knowing that they fit, before you depart on your expedition!
This high quality, insulated, waterproof boot is the best boot in which you can comfortably participate in your expedition to Antarctica, Alaska, the Arctic, or other cold water & weather destinations. They are endorsed by our team of expedition leaders and are deemed to be a necessity for these expeditions.
You may rent the boots for a rental price of $70.00 + a security deposit of $79.00. $149.00 is due at the time of rental; the $79.00 security deposit is refundable upon return of rental boots.
Or, you may simply purchase the boots for the selling price of $149.00 per pair (they're a great boot for anyone who lives in a winter climate to have in their boot locker at home!). Simply select the "I will buy new boots" or "I choose the boot rental" from the selection list to indicate your preference to rent or buy.
Here's how the rental program works:
- The price detailed on this page includes the rental price ($70.00) and security deposit ($79.00).
- The rental period covers a period of 60 days beginning on the date we ship the boots to you.
- We'll ship your boots to you 21 days prior to your departure date - this allows enough time to exchange them for a different size should it be necessary.
- Please indicate your departure date in the departure date form field you find during the check out process so we can stage your shipment on a timely basis.
- Return the boots to us within the 60 day rental period and we'll return your $79.00 security deposit.
- You will be charged a $10.00 per day "late fee" for each day they are not returned after the 60 day rental has expired.
The Arctic Sport Boot has these Special Performance Features:
- It's completely, 100% waterproof, all the way to the top of the boot (to ’the bottom of your knee’ - it measures 15 to 16 inches from the sole to the top of the boot depending on the size)
- It features a full CR flex-foam bootie - the longer you wear it, the more it shapes and molds to your foot
- A stretch to fit, topline binding that allows the boot's upper to comfortably form around your calf and 'tucked in' pants
- It has a premium fleece and breathable Airmesh lining
- A supportive and contoured footbed has a thermal foam underlay added to the instep area that provides additional warmth and maximum comfort for all-day use
- Crush resistant toes to protect you from that wayward humpback whale who may step on your toe (sorry for a bit of bad humour)
- Natural rubber overlays will not crack in extreme cold
- Boots are rated for a comfort range of -40 F to 60 F
- Arctic Sport Boots are available in ’whole sizes’ only - simply select your most recent athletic shoe size
- Customers with half-size feet should select the next whole size up
- Although Arctic Sport Boots are made to standard widths, the materials will stretch comfortably to fit widths up to a EEEE
- For narrow feet, we suggest wearing a thicker sock
- Orthotics and moulded sockliners can be used with Arctic Sport Boots